# Create Your Very First AWS EKS Cluster
To create your first AWS EKS cluster, follow the steps below:
- Log in to EaaS using your credentials.
- Close the configuration wizard that appears by default. For this Quick Start Guide, the default configurations are enough.
- In the Welcome to KENV EaaS page, under the Create New block, click the Create AWS EKS option.
- Define the name of a cluster you are creating (in our example, we will use "My EKS Cluster").
- Click Create.
- Go to the AWS Credentials Configuration page and select Role based auth.
- Create a role ARN in your AWS Account. To do so, click the How to create a role ARN link button and follow the instructions provided.
- In the AWS Role ARN field, enter your newly created ARN role.
- In the top right-hand corner of the application window, click Deploy .
- Wait until the deployment status is DONE.
It may take approximately 15 minutes as AWS needs time to create a new cluster.
- Your AWS EKS cluster is ready to use. Now, go to the Artifacts tab and download a kubeconfig file for your cluster. You will need it to deploy the application and access your cluster.
Make sure to keep the kubeconfig file in a safe place on your PC. Never provide public access to it.
Now you can deploy your very first application inside your cluster (for more information on how to do it, refer to Create Your Very First Environment).